[Lazarus] GDB 7.6 Issues

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri May 10 15:04:30 CEST 2013

On 10/05/2013 13:49, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:
> Hi List.
>
> After the latest update of my Arch Linux i got a hold of GDB 7.6 and
> for some apparent reason
> debugging from within lazarus has stopped working as it should. At
> least there is a problem
> with breakpoints, since they are not always followed.
>
> If i downgrade my GDB to 7.5.1 again debugging starts working again.
> Have anyone else experienced
> this?
>
> Ps. i'm using Lazarus of trunk (rev. 41103) and fpc 2.6.2

There is a known issue (in GDB) that leads to crashes when variables are
inspected (via hint/watch or otherwise)
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Issues_with_GDB_7.5.9_or_7.6

There is another issue, if your GDB is translated (none English), see
same wiki page.

An issue with breakpoints is not yet known.
You can produce a log (see bottom of that wiki page). But given the
watches bug, even if an issue with breakpoints can be found and maybe
fixed, it will not help much.