[Lazarus] Regressions in GTK2 interface ?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:37:15 CEST 2013

>From Patrick Chevalley :
> If using the default Gtk theme oxygen-gtk there is no icon.
> By setting another theme (Clearlooks, qtcurve) all the menu have an icon.

I can confirm that. All the problem are gone after switching to
"Raleigh" Gtk2 theme (I don't have other choices there. Clearlooks
etc. are KDE themes).

These output lines were clearly related to the problem, they are also gone now :

(lazarus:10785): Gdk-WARNING **: Attempt to draw a drawable with depth
24 to a drawable with depth 32

The other problems, namely the dim Color dropdown list and the cut-off
file name in editor tab's hint, are also cured by changing the Gtk2
theme in KDE.

I guess this happens only with KDE 4.10.x. I updated my Mint 14 for
KDE 4.10 and the problem may have started then. It is not dependent on
Lazarus revision.
Can others confirm to have KDE 4.10?

Juha