[Lazarus] porting delphi project code

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue May 21 21:33:56 CEST 2013

On 5/21/2013 10:35, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On 5/21/13, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> thank you, howard... i've just tried this and it seemed to work but i
>> aborted it when it could not find suitable replacements for
>>
>>     StdCtrls
>>     ComCtrls
>>     Buttons
>>     ExtCtrls
>
> Those units exist in LCL. They don't need replacements.

understood but the delphi convertor wanted to replace them... i had it check
numerous directories with no luck... finally i took a chance and told it to
comment them out... i haven't seen where it did that but it did complete the
conversion...

now i have another problem to deal with when i try to build the project, it
keeps telling me that it can't find LazLogger... it seems to find the ppu and
then wants the sources... i went hunting and found the last compile of them was
about a month ago so i closed the project and had lazarus rebuild itself... the
lazlogger o and ppu files in laz\components\lazutils\lib\i386-win32 were updated
to the correct date and time but the converted delphi project still won't
build... the sources from SVN are right there in laz\components\lazutils too :?