[Lazarus] Android and network

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:16:06 CEST 2013

Maybe call the necessary Java API via JNI? That's my solution to
almost everything in Android =D Once you get used, JNI calling is not
that hard. The only thing that cannot be done easily natively via JNI
is when implementing interfaces is a requirement to utilize the API,
but it would be strange if networking APIs in Java require that...
I've never utilized Java networking APIs, so can't be sure...

The NDK libraries, which would be the pure native solution without
JNI, are very few, there is a list of them here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Custom_Drawn_Interface/Android#NDK_Libraries_available_in_Android_2.2_.28API_level_8.29

I don't have any code about this however, since my app per-se does not
utilize the internet currently.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho