[Lazarus] About Arabic translating in Lazarus

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri May 24 18:50:31 CEST 2013

On 24/05/2013 17:21, Zaher Dirkey wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Juha Manninen
> <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com <mailto:juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     You cannot find it easily because it happened in Lazarus-dev mailing
>     list which is not open for everybody.
>     It is best you contact Mazen Neifer directly. None of Lazarus
>     developers know Arabic.
>     Maxim maintains translations but he must trust a native person's
>     opinion about the validity.
>

> I think it is not a polite to throw a patch or work for one who waste
> days for it without discusses with him.
> At least in open messages list or forum, and waiting a daily to take
> his chance.
>
> http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,16933.msg92795.html
>
> http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,17742.msg99839.html
>
> For me this first time i know "Mazen Neifer" as one of the Lazarus team

I only followed the discussion on the surface, but I believe that there
may have been some deadlines to meet or similar,  adding an element of
haste.

I guess then that you would probably be the one who originally
contributed the work. I agree you should have been contacted (At least
after the step was taken, if for some reason it could not wait.)

I can only believe this to be an oversight, but I am sure the people
involved will help clear that up. (So please do not speculate based on
anything I said). Lets wait a moment and give them a chance.