[Lazarus] libSANE.dll for winfows

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue May 28 23:13:27 CEST 2013

Howard Page-Clark wrote:
> On 28/05/2013 12:51, amin ibrahime wrote:
>> Hi
>>   I try to uses scanner by lazarus application to multiplateform i found
>> SANE "demomain"
>> i compiled and run under liunx but when run under widows i
>> need*libsane.dll *
>> where i can find this dll or its pascle source code to compile and use
>
> Scanning support on Windows is provided via the Windows Image
> Acquisition Library v2.0, which comes as standard with Vista, 7 and 8
> (wiaaut.dll, which should be found in the \Windows\System32 folder).
> AFAIK the Sane packages are Linux only.

My first thought was to wonder whether libsane was purely for network
comms, but it looks as though it's an interface to libusb-win32. However
the thread below suggests that it might still be work-in-progress, and
interfacing via Howard's suggestion (above) or via TWAIN (if the
hardware is supported) might be preferable.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scanning.sane.devel/20482

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk