[Lazarus] Writing a Lazarus program with its own display, RFB?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:30:23 CET 2013

I want to write a program to provide its own remote display without an X
Window server, ie the program has its own display which can be connected to
via VNC server. There is a libvncserver/libvnclient project at
http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/ which enables one to do that, but I
don't know where to start or even know who all the parts come together.

My main questions are:

1. Is it possible to direct the output of a Lazarus LCL program into such a
display system, or perhaps replace the parts where it interacts with X
Windows to such a system.

2. If I am willing  go with X Windows is it possible to dedicate a single X
Window to a program alone, without using an Desktop Manager or Window
Manager and link it with VNC, as though it is the program alone that
displays on that X Window?

3. Is there some place I can get some more information about this RFB
system of display programs if that is the right term?

--
Frank Church