[Lazarus] IDE problems

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Nov 26 00:26:48 CET 2013

Hi folks,

Something has spontaneously gone wrong with the IDE on my setup. I say
spontaneously because I was in the middle of debugging a program when
suddenly everything but the source window disappeared. I eventually
had to abort Lazarus and re-start the program, but now I see some very
strange behaviour :-

1) Pull-down menus stay pulled down, even when I've selected an entry.

2) Only the object inspector or the source editor can be visible at
any one time - select one, and the other vanishes.

There are probably a few other quirks too, but those are the most
annoying two.

In my Delphi days, there used to be a desktop configuration file which
you deleted if the IDE got all screwed up, and then when you ran the
program again you were back to all the defaults.

Is there such a file for Lazarus? I assume this isn't a
version-specific question, but anyway, I'm running Lazarus under
64-bit Debian multi-home, and the version is the latest as downloaded
by fpcup_linux_x64 two days ago, SVN revision 43478.

Thanks,

Brian.