[Lazarus] Help: OS X Problems

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 04:59:33 CET 2013

Interesting. Indeed running a program when in the path
'myprogram.app/Contents/MacOS' the windows is enabled and can be interacted
with. However, when I set the Working Directory
'myprogram.app/Contents/MacOS' in Lazarus | Run Parameters, the myprogram
window is still disabled.

See the screenshot below where I created an example program called 'worker':

http://cache.codebot.org/development/lazarus-run-parameters.png

When run with the debugger on, the breakpoints are triggered, but the
window is still disabled.

A side note (please don't let this detract from the disabled window problem
which is preventing proper debugging):

I found OS X has an option to allow controls other than text entry to
receive focus. It's under System Preferences | Keyboard | Full Keyboard
Access | Allow focus between all controls. This might effect the issue I
raised in my original message regarding errors running some Lazarus
revisions where focus errors were stopping the IDE from starting properly.