[Lazarus] Reading from an external process

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Nov 5 15:22:14 CET 2013

On 11/5/2013 8:48 AM, Richard Mace wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have got the following code from the wiki for creating and reading from an
> external process. Effectively, I want to capture all of the output from the
> process "handle.exe", into a StringList so that I can read it to make sure that
> everything went OK, however, when I run the following code, I am getting a
> "RunError(103) on the line: WriteLn('-- Going to run: ' + OurCommand);

i'd guess that the error is only showing up at that point... you have spaces in
your command line... what happens if you wrap it in double quotes?

OurCommand:='"C:\Documents and Settings\RichardMace\My
Documents\Downloads\SysinternalsSuite\handle.exe"';

this is a common thing on winwhatever systems...