[Lazarus] DateDif function needed

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Nov 10 01:14:30 CET 2013

On 11/9/2013 1:54 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2013, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> If you need to use an approximate value for days in the year then some is
>> wrong IMO.
>
> Not if it is clearly documented.

actually, in the name of accuracy, it is highly desirable... being able to
determine if a date range spans one or more leap years is important... too bad
there's not a set routine for when leap seconds are added... things like this
really rattle the cages of those of us with OCD where accuracy in values is
highly desirable ;)

FWIW: i discovered, later, that my +0.05 didn't work as desired in all
situations :(  gonna finish eating and reading emails and then maybe go digging
again O:)