[Lazarus] DateDif function needed

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Nov 14 01:09:46 CET 2013

On 11/13/2013 5:14 PM, Bart wrote:
> On 11/13/13, John Landmesser <JohnML at online.de> wrote:
>> I'm just a hobbyist, never went to university to study computer science.
>
> So am I.
> (For my background, see my userpage on the wiki)

i probably should set something, too... while i have an account on the wiki and
have done a little bit of editing, i haven't set much of any background type of
information...

>> We don't need to invent the wheel again, because others have solutions
>> for that!
>
> Of course we don't have to.
> I just gor intrigued by the (at that time already) long thread, and
> since no-one gave a solution, I just went for it and gave it my try.
>
> Just because it is fun to do.

a brother from a different mother! howdy, brother! :) O:)

i'm still working on it, too :lol:  i had thought i found a spreadsheet that
would give the answers so as to compare with my output... the first thing i had
to do, though, was set a max(a1,a2) and min(a1,a2) so that the lower date was
placed first and the higher second as our code does but while i got the same
answers for numerous tests, some returned a negative number in the sheet :(

so besides that, i've been trying to work my way, manually, through and count on
a calendar... so far, everything seems to come out but not with the original
code you and i posted and not with your fix... i had to go a bit deeper for the
corners... anyway, i'm still whacking away at it and hope to maybe get something
completed for the community... but it is slow and the columns of numbers just
meld together at time when manually counting from the almanac %)