[Lazarus] Noobie - Interface problem in Windows

Sun Nov 17 12:47:55 CET 2013

Hi,

Thanks for replies.

Re: Windows theme support (David) - On my Windows I had turned off all
the visuals to try and speed up my slow computer, so that's why it looks
a bit Win 2000. When I turned them back on the blue background has gone,
like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940444/laz_windows%201.0.12%20fpc%202.6.2%20with%20visuals.png

The TabControl has no colour property, so I assume it takes the colour
property from the main form which was set to clDefault. I tried changing
it to clWindow but the blue was still there.

I think from what Mark is saying that I need to go back to reading some
more documentation about panels and alignment of UI elements in Lazarus,
so that it will look the same whether compiled under Linux or Windows.
To the question "have you positioned the components with explicit "Top"
and "Left" properties, or twiddled with the BorderSpacing?", the answer
is basically yes. I had even added some code to the onresize event of
the main form to adjust width/left properties of the description and
notes memo boxes at the bottom. There must be a better way than that so
I shall go read.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. It's good to know that it's
friendly here and I can come for help when needed. Oh, I deleted that
wayward apostrophe too, thanks David!

Regards,

Martin