[Lazarus] Exception in CreateForm after conversion from Delphi

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 13:21:46 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... with Lazarus, so I don't know how and why it searched there.

Ok, this is the fundamental cause of your problems.
The converter searches for unit files from project's sibling
directories, meaning the directories that are below its parent dir.
Don't place copies of the same project there.
This is a useful feature because many projects include their libraries
there and they are found automatically.

Test again without those copied dirs and let me know what happens.

> I had at one point a problem with the dfm files: the project wouldn't
> compile because they were binary.

The converter is able to convert from old binary DFM to text LFM. It
should not cause problems.

Juha