[Lazarus] Creating OSX application bundles from the command line

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:18:36 CET 2013

On 21/11/2013 15:41, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:35:05 +0100
> Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21/11/2013 15:31, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there by any chance a way of building OSX application bundles from
>>> the command line - I'm guessing no & patches are welcome ;)
>>>

>> Mmm, I realize I could adapt some scripts from the OSX wiki pages, but
>> having it incorporated into lazbuild would be nice ;)
>
> There is an example in
> components/macfiles/examples/createmacapplication.lpi

Well, it seems lazbuild itself already builds application bundles. No
idea if you first need to have clicked on create application bundle in
project options but it works.

My version of an application bundle/.dmg creation script can be found at
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/smalltools/src/
directory BankConvert,
banco_OSX_bundle_dmg_creation_make-mac-dist.sh

Catchy name, eh ;)

The only thing it adds over Kostas' version is a link to the
Applications directory inside the dmg so the user can drag and drop the
application bundle on the link to install more easily.

Thanks,
Reinier