[Lazarus] IDE problems

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Nov 26 01:49:41 CET 2013

On 11/25/2013 06:45 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:26:48 -0500
> brian <brian at meadows.pair.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Something has spontaneously gone wrong with the IDE on my setup. I say
>> spontaneously because I was in the middle of debugging a program when
>> suddenly everything but the source window disappeared. I eventually
>> had to abort Lazarus and re-start the program, but now I see some very
>> strange behaviour :-
>>
>> 1) Pull-down menus stay pulled down, even when I've selected an entry.
>
> What Lazarus version do you use?
>

>> 2) Only the object inspector or the source editor can be visible at
>> any one time - select one, and the other vanishes.
>>
>> There are probably a few other quirks too, but those are the most
>> annoying two.
>>
>> In my Delphi days, there used to be a desktop configuration file which
>> you deleted if the IDE got all screwed up, and then when you ran the
>> program again you were back to all the defaults.
>>
>> Is there such a file for Lazarus? I assume this isn't a
>> version-specific question, but anyway, I'm running Lazarus under
>> 64-bit Debian multi-home, and the version is the latest as downloaded
>> by fpcup_linux_x64 two days ago, SVN revision 43478.
>
> The config files are under Linux in $HOME/.lazarus.

Thanks, Mattias. I tried renaming .lazarus and then ran lazarus up
again, but no change in the behaviour. Let me show you the sort of
thing I see, screenshot attached. Any time I click a pulldown menu,
the source window disappears, and as you will see, the pulldown menus
stay there.

P.S. Didn't know about the 100 KB size triggering a moderator review.
OK, the .png is here.

> http://www.meadows.pair.com/Screenshot - 11252013 - 06:57:09 PM.png

Brian.