[Lazarus] VST

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 27 10:07:31 CET 2013

On 11/26/2013 06:01 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I've played with special-purpose MIDI filters in a DLL/so, but the
> only GUI element was that menu entries were copied from a form in the
> DLL to the main form.

The Host program I use just requires that the VST plugin in fact does
have a GUI. I suppose the VST API definition provides some means to
integrate the VTS's GUI with the Host's GUI and same need to be decently
provided.

At this point of time I also intend to do simple MIDI filters.

> There's been a couple of threads in this list about VST, I presume
> that this is the SDK you mentioned above.
I seem to remember that I got mine from some other source, but
supposedly it's the same header translation.

> Below from an older thread:
>
> > Christian Budde set up DelphiAsioVST
> > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/delphiasiovst/) to help with VST
> > development in Object Pascal. It has alot of classes which you can use,
> > or you can just use Frederick Vanmol's translation of the SDK, and
> > implement everything yourself.
> >
> > Over the last couple of years there have been some problems, but mostly
> > you can use FPC now. However, at the moment these will only be able to
> > use the host's default UI. I am mid flow sorting out the code so that a
> > plugin can supply it's own UI, then full XPlatform VST development will
> > be possible using Laz/FPC :-)

Did you "play with" the SDK in Delphi or did you in fact manage to get
something decently running in FPC/Lazarus ?

It you really did, I would be very grateful, if you could provide me
with some example code to get started.

> Also:
>
> - VST is in Lazarus-CCR, but an older v4 version. VST porting is
> hindered by
>   not accepting changes (like a sane IFDEF system) upstream, which makes
>   every port an one off change.

Here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/?source=directory
I only see "TZMSQL" which obviously is some other beast.

and here http://svn.code.sf.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/components/

I don't see anything related to VST,

Can I search somewhere else ?

Thanks a lot,