[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Nov 28 16:29:34 CET 2013

On 11/28/2013 02:18 PM, Santiago A. wrote:
> Perhaps Lazarus should start thinking about a widget "html+javascript"
Some years ago I did some (limited) testing on that behalf, but gave up
after some days, seeing that the necessary effort is not limited at all.
I do hope that Michael v C is more successful.

At home I have a NAS by QNAP..
Since the latest update it features a really nice HTML GUI.

It nicely can do forms and many Lazarus-like GUI elements and
-functions, and it can show status changes really fast (which is not
easy with a HTTP-connected, browser-based GUI).

I do suppose, they use a "standard" "widget set" for this (EXTJS or
something), but I never saw such a thing working this great.

No idea how they designed the GUI. It is so complex that I would be
astonished if they did not use a GUI designer tool for this.

If Lazarus would be able to offer such a capability, driven by the
standard GUI design tool (of course taking some limitations into account
in that mode), this would be a major argument for doing embedded
application with Lazarus. (This was why I did the research at that time.)

-Michael