[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Fri Nov 29 14:38:47 CET 2013

On 11/29/2013 03:36 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:

> With the new version they converted to a "remote GUI" in the browser
> (thus the functionality is within the box, while the remote GUI
> implementation is completely independent from the functionality).
>
> I do suppose they did this for a reason :-) .

Pulling all those assets into a browser means that they have optimized
their vdm for speed not size.  I know at present I need over 120MB of
storage for assets.  For embedded systems I wonder if that is a rather
large requirement.

> In fact the remote GUI implementation uses a huge java script library
> that the browser pulls when starting the work on that page.

In order to do that they must have a development branch that keeps
assets separate.  With Aurawin SCS I have 2 domains.  I use directory
templates and keywords to manage different "boot" modes for each domain
that has the EXACT same file base. This way daily.aurawin.com under
Chrome shows me exactly what I'm looking at.  Without that, development
is a MAJOR PITA.

--
Andrew Brunner

Aurawin LLC
512.850.3117
https://aurawin.com/

Aurawin is a great new way to store, share and enjoy your photos, videos, music, and more.