[Lazarus] Bug zeros out Pas files.

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:00:37 CEST 2013

This is the second time I've experienced this, with different versions
of Lazarus on Windows XP 32 bit running as Guest on Virtualbox on a
Ubuntu system.

The first version was Lazarus-1.0.7-40379-fpc-2.6.0-20130224-win32 and
the program suddenly claimed that I had upgraded and wanted to upgrade
the User preferences. After which the PAS file on the app I was
working on contained 12Kb of zeros.

Now, Lazarus 1.1 r40379 FPC 2.6.1 i386-win32-win32/win64 is doing the same.

I was working on a significantly larger project, but the main PAS
file, it's LFM Form descriptor and the .res, .lps, and .lpi have all
had their content replaced with zeros.

Also several files in C:\Documents and Settings\dave\Local
Settings\Application Data\lazarus have been corrupted.

EditorMacros.xml and environmentoptions.xml have both had their
content replaced with zeros.

Is this a known issue?