[Lazarus] "Off Topic" Wiki entries

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 20:10:52 CEST 2013

Bart wrote:
> On 10/1/13, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
>> If you explain a Pascal library about networks, then you can explain
>> networks with pov of the library. General explanations without any
>> relation to a Pascal library should be replaced with
>> links to web pages about that topic.
>
> My thoughts exactly.
> But, who takes action (as in: ask the author to remove the page (and
> explain why), and eventually remove it if the author does not
> respond)?

There's always a risk that the author has created the page as the first
step to putting in something relevant, but if he doesn't make that clear
with e.g. a "work in progress" introduction or at least an explanation
in the talk page then it's at his own risk.

I'm a bit suspicious that if the author's completely unknown then it
could be some sort of scam. People who go by more than one handle should
make sure that they're cross-referenced somewhere, e.g. in the wiki's
user page.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk