[Lazarus] Graeme would love this, or not, I think

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 14 09:34:11 CEST 2013

On 10/12/2013 09:18 PM, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
> Students tend to overfocus on embellishing forms etc, and not spending
> their time on the more problem-solving oriented assignment.
IMHO the contrary is true.

Using Delphi (or Lazarus) you can concentrate on the problem solving ,
while doing status outputs and only-for-testing inputs is nearly for free.

You can argue that this (RAD) leads to being trained to do bad software,
as for a _final_product_ it is much better to separate GUI oriented
units from "Business logic" units (as this allows for better portability
and easier maintenance).

But this is a completely different argument.

-Michael