[Lazarus] Graeme would love this, or not, I think

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 01:29:39 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> Because you first need to teach people dos (and 8.3), console cmdline and
> general concepts (stdin/stdout, working dir etc)
>
> with proper configuration (by system administrator) the tp would be just
start and use (at least it was so for XP and earlier MS  machines, don't
know about *nix systems).

How about Delphi's console applications? No 8.3 limitation, can be ran from
GUI.
Doesn't need to teach stdin/stdout as they are, instead teach for: "the
computer waits for user to type something in and press enter". As well as
stdout is actually "the window with text". No need to bother with working
dir as well.

And yet again, nothing but pure problem solving. (no guis, message queues,
event handlers etc).

thanks,
Dmitry