[Lazarus] WriteLn back to the GUI

ListMember listmember at letterboxes.org
Wed Oct 23 19:39:41 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-23 18:55, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2013, ListMember wrote:
>
>>> And I just found an example which already does this for TCustomEdit
>>> descendants: http://kd5col.info/swag/DELPHI/0017.PAS.html
>>> I've not tested it in FPC, so maybe small adjustments might be
>>> necessary...
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> This is far too (incredibly) elaborate.
>>
>> It's a bit like giving me plans to set up an army to invade a country
>> when all I want to do is to visit it as a tourist :)
>>
>> As I mentioned in my first post, I am prepared to alter the compiler
>> sources;
>
> And this you consider not elaborate? That's a nice one :)

:)

Actually, since this is FPC/Lazarus we're talking about (which means,
thankfull NOT Delphi), you guys have made it relatively easy to
re-compile both FPC and Lazarus.

And, since all I want to do is a very small surgical alteration, I'd say
--given the above-- doing this is not elaborate at all.

> As I wrote in my post: See the CRT unit.
>
> It does exactly that. You need maybe 20 lines of code to do as you want.

Will do, thanks.

But, let me ask this:

If I used the CRT unit, would I need to add it to every single unit in
the project that uses WriteLn?