[Lazarus] WriteLn back to the GUI

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 26 10:38:21 CEST 2013

Am 26.10.2013 02:30 schrieb "ListMember" <listmember at letterboxes.org>:

> On 2013-10-25 14:53, Sven Barth wrote:
>
>> In my opinion that energy is better put into getting e.g. fcl-passrc up
to date and keep it that way (so that at least each release can handle code
that the compiler also accepts).

> You're, of course, right.
>
> But, never mind the question of which part of what team will maintain it
(and what triggers a maintenance request, other than a long after-the-fact
bug report), how do you make sure that --at any moment in time-- fcl-passrc
is up-to-date?

The main

> I mean, suppose --using fcl-passrc-- we went through all the publicly
available code (repositories of FPC, Lazarus, etc.) and it reported no
errors, would it prove/guarantee that fcl-passrc is up-to-date?

> If we could say that with enouh conjfidence, I'd gladly shift my focus to
fcl-passrc.

>> I already had the idea with DLLs once myself.
>>
>> As long as the interface for exchanging options (and maybe also unit
locations ;) )is kept stable or at least backwards compatible this should
work. And as long as the heaps are kept seperate unloading a compiler
library should also solve the problem with memory leaks... (maybe add a
function to the API to get the current heap state ^^)

> Naturally <g> I know nothing about the importance of heap especially in
this context or probbaly in any relevant context.