[Lazarus] code formating [wan: Re: WriteLn back to the GUI]

ListMember listmember at letterboxes.org
Sat Oct 26 19:08:32 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-26 19:19, Martin wrote:
> On 26/10/2013 17:12, ListMember wrote:
>>
>> One of my main hope is to come up with a fast enough code formatter
>> with the options that I need.
> Have you looked at jedi? (Install package JCF).
>
> It has plenty of options. BUt it fails parsing some newer code. But if
> you anyway are going to spent time, why not spending it o fixing jcf?

I looked at it again some 3-4 years ago, I have issues with its
internal/structural design: It uses indexed access in a very inelegant
way that makes it also slow. I did try to refactor it to use
trees/linklists internally, but I ran out of patience/stamina. As a
result of all that, I won't touch JCF again. Sorry.

>> The other one is removal of 'with'.
> Codetool has an option. (Refactor menu / pop.up). You can assign it to
> a keyboard shortcut.

This is interesting.

I didn't know that. Thank you for pointing it out?

Have you used it --i.e. is it any good?

Do you know whether it uses JCF or something else as the parser?

BTW, I've got Lazarus v1.0.12 here and I don't see anything in any
popups that sound anything like 'remove with'; could you be a little
more descriptive on the steps to wake up that beeast.