[Lazarus] need info some warning

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 15:55:31 CET 2013

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 29/10/2013 12:51, FreeMan wrote:
>> Been long time I saw this warnings when compile project and while svn
>> updateing too.
>>
>> project1.lpr(21,1) Warning: "crti.o" not found, this will probably cause
>> a linking failure
>> project1.lpr(21,1) Warning: "crtn.o" not found, this will probably cause
>> a linking failure
>>
>> In project1.lpr file line 21 is "end."
>>
>> This report on svn updateing too.
>> /usr/bin/ld: warning: /opt/lazarus/link.res contains output sections;
>> did you forget -T?
>> what I forget ?
>>
>> Has any one info about thats? Thats just warning, but why?
>
> I'm sure the answer is in the mailing list archives (either Lazarus or
> FPC). It's been discussed before.

Whence Google suggests that the first of those is basically benign (it
was caused by an explicit check that somebody added which is perhaps
stricter than it has to be), but in fairness the thread marched off into
bickering about the release process etc. The second is known to be harmless.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk