[Lazarus] Help: OS X Problems

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:11:52 CET 2013

I have yet more details regarding frozen applications...

When the IDE options | debugging is set to none the program can be run from
the IDE without locking up.

When the IDE options | debugging is set to gdb the program fails t run
(even if project debugging options are turned off) unless the host
application is set to app bundle contents and IDE debugging encoding
options are set to clear.

When the above conditions are correctly met, the program will freeze at
run, but breakpoints are correctly triggered and the debugger can inspect
runtime variable as per my previous post.

Outside of the IDE all programs created with lazarus will freeze when
executed either from the terminal or finder. As far as I can tell, the ONLY
way to execute a lazarus created program outside of the IDE without the
freezing is to open a terminal and execute the following command:

open -a appname
e.g. open -a hello

The above command can be issued in terminal from any folder. The above
cannot use a qualified path for app name.

Any other attempts to run the program result in the application freezing.