[Lazarus] package FCL

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 5 14:34:44 CEST 2013

> Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu> hat am 5. September 2013 um 13:58
> geschrieben:
>
>  Hi Folks.
>
>  I want to make some changes and additions to the unit  bufdataset.pas
>incresing dataset possibilities.
>  I've made the changes, compiled and tested using a dynamically created
>component.
>  So far, so good.
>  Now I want to incorporate the changes in the FCL package fcl-db
>  Vista32, Lazarus 1.0.10, FPC 2.6.2
>  Compile FPC fcl-db package, and compilation runs OK and my new unit gets
>compiled (see below for console output)
>  BUT
>  new .o and .ppu are not moved to
>"D:\Programmes\lazarus\fpc\2.6.2\units\i386-win32\fcl-db\"  but are kept in
>D:\Programmes\lazarus\fpc\2.6.2\source\packages\fcl-db\units\i386-win32\ as
>compilation result

The usual work flow is like this:
You alter fpc units and tests them with some test program (ppu files in
source\packages\fcl-db\units\...).
When you are done, you build all fpc packages that depend on these ppus and copy
all new files to the install folders (fpc\2.6.2\units\...).
The safest way is too simply rebuild the whole fpc and call make install.
Please read the documentation about building and installing fpc.

Mattias