[Lazarus] package FCL

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Sep 5 15:33:49 CEST 2013

> You can use the FPC database test suite for that (e.g.
> dbtestframework_gui), see e.g.
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Databases#Running_FPC_database_tests
>
> You can add new unit tests to e.g. testspecifictbufdataset.pas
>
>> When you are done, you build all fpc packages that depend on these ppus and copy
>> all new files to the install folders (fpc\2.6.2\units\...).
>> The safest way is too simply rebuild the whole fpc and call make install.
>> Please read the documentation about building and installing fpc.
> Additionally, if you want to have your additions to bufdataset
> incorporated into FPC, please submit a patch against fpc trunk (in other
> words, please be prepared to copy over your changes to FPC trunk)
>
> Looking forward to your updates!
Hi Reinier.
  It's still a little bit too early to acomplish this step. But anyway
I'll be glad to do it when I'm satisfied with the additions, including
unit tests and some help text. I'll probably need some help form you
guys, as I'm not yet used to prepare and make additions neither to FPC
nor Lazarus.
For the time being I want to change the Lazarus IDE component
TBufDataSet. The FPC part looks OK as I can use it only using the unit
itself
Remains the Lazarus part for which I need obviously some help.
BTW, I discovered that the Lazarus package FCL (which registers the
TBufDataSet component) is located in $LAZARUS\packager\registration.
Looks funny.

Antonio.