[Lazarus] Help needed for issue #20311: IDE always tailors "Target processor" options for Intel CPUs

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 09:50:14 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> What do you need for this: fpc -i output?

Yes, running on different CPUs. It is this section:
  Supported CPU instruction sets:

My version shows only "ATHLON64" which I fixed now in the code for x86_64 CPU.

Mattias earlier told me about "fpc -P" option for selecting the CPU,
but it would require a cross-compiled fpc or something. For me only
this works:
 $ fpc -i -Px86_64

Other values like "fpc -i -Pi386" or "fpc -i -Parm" give an error:
  Error: ppc386 can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute
"ppc386", error code: 127

One thing is that selecting a different CPU family and processor type
in Lazarus IDE is not supported by FPC in most cases, but at least we
should see realistic choices in the list.

Juha