[Lazarus] Project Group support in the IDE

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Sep 14 05:24:21 CEST 2013

On Fr, 2013-09-13 at 14:11 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
> > On 2013-09-13 11:56, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> >> No, it is not implemented yet.
> >
> > Thanks for the info.
> >

> >> If you only want one window to easily switch the active project and using that
> >> to compile a bunch of projects, then yes, it is easy.
> >
> > Yup, that's all I want for Project Groups. Being able to quickly switch
> > between related projects, do a "build all projects in group" [great for
> > release day], re-order projects in the group, and do a "build projects
> > from here".
> >
> > All my projects tend to consist of 4+ executables, and the project I
> > work the most on consists of 10+ executables. Doing manual building of
> > projects one-by-one is so labour intensive - hence I have many build
> > scripts. Maintaining those build scripts is a pain too.
>
> Same here.
>
> At least, having this window would be a very good start.
> The advanced features could follow later.

Curiously asked: could a package and lazbuild be used for this task?

I don't know if packages can handle bulding executables. Maybe it would
be easy to extend it doing a lot less work than having to write a GUI
and lazarus extension for it.

If I'm doing releases having to start lazarus, finding and opening the
project, setting some config values, would all be far to many actions. I
really prefer using makefiles or something similar. Using lazbuild would
have the advnatage of being able to have the makefiles holding anything
needed (compiler switches, etc.) generated.

Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>