[Lazarus] Install/Uninstall package form: "Do not install" & more

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 10:24:06 CEST 2013

On 14/09/2013 00:19, Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> 13.09.2013 11:31, Reinier Olislagers пишет:
>> The Install/Uninstall package form has two lists:
<snip>
>> 1. Would it be a good idea to rename the caption to "Available"?
>
> I improved captions in r42784. Please test.
Thanks a lot, looks good!

>> Some additional remarks/requests:
>> 2. In additition to the red overlay for packages marked for
>> uninstalleation, and the green one for packages marked for installation,
>> perhaps a hint/tooltip could appear mentioned "Marked for
>> installation"/"Marked for removal" so people who don't know what those
>> icons mean are told? Alternatively I suppose mentioning this in Package
>> info in current state may also be considered.
>
> These descriptions are present in 'Package Info' memo, as far as I can see.

I don't see them - just the status for packages that you did not mark
for installation/deinstallation.

Package memo info examples:
Uninstalled state:
Current state: not installed, RunAndDesignTime

after marking for installation:
Current state: not installed, RunAndDesignTime
expected
Current state: marked for installation, not installed, RunAndDesignTime

Installed state:
Current state: installed, RunAndDesignTime

after marking for uninstallation:
Current state: installed, RunAndDesignTime
expected:
Current state: marked for uninstallation, installed, RunAndDesignTime

>> 3. Perhaps it's a good idea to have a search box for the left list
>> (installed packages) as well... depends on the amount of stuff you have
>> installed but it can be useful.
>
> Please create a feature request for this.
Ok, 25018.