[Lazarus] Help needed for issue #20311: IDE always tailors "Target processor" options for Intel CPUs

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:38:06 CEST 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> BTW, FPC help output for mips and mipsel list "mips2" twice.
> I noticed that, and almost highlighted it as a warning that your parser
> would need to cope.

The parser is another thing. Its idea was to be as "dummy" as
possible, not analyzing the meaning of options but only make a GUI for
them.
However the FPC help output is so ambiguous that the parser must guess
and hard-wire many things.
Hopefully we can make the output more precise in future.
Dmitry Boyarintsev is working on JSON based configuration. It would be
precise and easier to parse. We may offer it for FPC project as a
patch sometime in future. But that is for another discussion ...

> By the way, good luck with the new job.

Thanks!

Juha