[Lazarus] Help needed for issue #20311: IDE always tailors "Target processor" options for Intel CPUs

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 13:54:47 CEST 2013

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> Output for -i from native 2.6.0 or 2.6.2, unless noted. Apologies if
>>> this is
>>> excessively noisy.
>>
>> This was useful information, thanks.
>> Now only m68k and powerpc are missing.
>
> I'll see if I can fill in any gaps.

FPC 2.6.0 on SPARC Solaris 8:
-----------------------------
Compiler CPU Target: sparc

Supported targets:
   Solaris for SPARC (under development)
   Linux for SPARC

Supported CPU instruction sets:
   SPARC V7
   SPARC V8
   SPARC V9

Supported FPU instruction sets:
   SOFT
   HARD

Supported ABI targets:
   DEFAULT
   SYSV
   AIX
   EABI
   ARMEB

Supported Optimizations:
   REGVAR
   LOOPUNROLL
   TAILREC
   CSE

Supported Whole Program Optimizations:
   All
   DEVIRTCALLS
   OPTVMTS
   SYMBOLLIVENESS

Supported Microcontroller types:

I don't know whether this is relevant or useful but

// Note for casual readers: gas (GNU as) uses -Av7, -Av8, -Av9 etc. on
SPARC,
// rather than variants of the -m option used by most other CPUs. Solaris as
// uses -xarch=v7, -xarch=v8 etc., that form is not supported here since
there
// are probably other incompatibilties between the GNU and Solaris binutils
// that need to be reviewed.
//
// v9 is required as the default since the RTL started using membar at
2.2.2.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk