[Lazarus] Project Group support in the IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 14:40:53 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-14 13:32, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> At Pascon 2013, I've seen the latest addition to building in Lazarus,
> and it is more easy to switch modes now than in Delphi.
> Just select a dropdown next to the Run toolbutton...

Good to know... I'll recompile Lazarus IDE and take a look. My current
IDE build is 3 months old.

Does the latest changes also adjust the compiler settings for Packages
used by your project?

This is a major issue for me with Lazarus Packages. What's the point in
having debug build units for tiOPF, fpGUI, Synapse, Onguard etc... and
only the Project units are release build. Compiling *all* source code
involved in a project with optimised settings make a big difference to
executable size, speed optimisation, debugging etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/