[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 20:52:01 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-18 18:32, Martin wrote:
> What went wrong?

The whole IDE froze up - I was using it under FreeBSD 9.1 (64-bit) with
LCL-GTK2 compiled IDE. I tried as my normal user first, then noticed the
security issue of attaching to a process I don't own. I then copied the
.lazarus/ directory to the /root/ directory and tried Lazarus IDE as the
root. Same outcome as before.

> I use it plenty of time. (on w32 vista).  I use it to attach to desktop
> apps though. But it should make no difference.

Once you press the OK button on the "enter process ID" dialog, what
steps do you follow then? Set a breakpoint and press the Play (green
triangle) button?

I'll try it again under Windows (32-bit) tonight.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/