[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 19 12:27:40 CEST 2013

On 09/19/2013 12:08 PM, Martin wrote:

>> The other is that for all targets you can easily get a native gdb out
>> of the box, while it might be rather tedious to install all the tools
>> to create the appropriate gdbserver on the target and the cross-gdb
>> executable on the PC you need to attach to it.
> Try it, send a log, if not working

He told me that he d/lded and installed the complete ARM SDK by Code
Sourcery (several gigabytes, including Eclipse etc) and only after that
he was able to create the fpc cross compiler and the remote
gdb/gdbserver pair.

He was up to create a paper on how to do this for pushing it in the
Lazarus wiki. But for this a more convenient way to get the tool suite
would have been appropriate.

He tried to find such a way, but never again, he was able to compile
gdb/gdbserver. So he seems to have given up.

> Was he the one who created the above bug?
No, he is from Austria, not from Russia. :-)
>  If not, please create a new one. The old one contains a lot of solved
> issues (and some unsolved). So it is time consuming to go through it.

Hopefully, one day soon I might be able to get on this issue.... Then
I'll be back.

-Michael