[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 16:01:36 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-19 14:05, Martin wrote:

> [1] Just realising, the attach module does not currently "fix" this
> extra thread. It should probably automatically select the main thread.

OK, selecting thread 1 does help a bit, and after some trial and error I
get to the breakpoint of the infinite while look.

I can't evaluate or set the local integer variable [that controls the
while loop] though.

Can Lazarus IDE allow me to  set the EIP register address? I can view
it, and I can change the 'eip' name in the Register window (WTF???), but
I can't see how to set the EIP register to another value. What I am
trying is to jump over the while loop, seeing that I can't change the
local integer variable.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/