[Lazarus] Which fpc/lazarus svn to use?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Sep 27 22:43:22 CEST 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:30:38 +0200
Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I never understood which svn to download for stable "homemade buildings".
>
> About trunk:
>
> FPC -> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/
> Lazarus -> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/

That's the head of development. They are not stable.

> About stable tree, which?
> FPC:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_6/
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_6_0/
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_6_2/

fixes_2_6 is release_2_6_2+bug fixes
It depends on your definition of "stable" which one you prefer.

> Lazarus:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_0/
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_2/

fixes_1_0 is 1.0.12+bug fixes

fixes_1_2 is an alpha version. Somewhat more stable than trunk.

> ...and then, when a new version is released, I need to download an other
> svn url, deleting the old one? Can I upgrade?

Yes. Or you can switch (svn switch newurl).

> Is there something similar to trunk tree (only one url) that is always
> updated to the latest revision/version?

trunk is always the latest revision.

Mattias