[Lazarus] Can Lazarus IDE debugger attach to already running process?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 30 09:03:26 CEST 2013

On 09/27/2013 06:53 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> The bad news ...

What we always do for complex (and free running) CGI applications is do
a miniature CGI program that is perfectly "normal" and does implements
nothing but a communication with a Daemon / Service that always runs and
does the real work. With this construction debugging and "on site"
maintenance of the application can be done with normal means.

Moreover any HTTP server can easily be adapted to and (if using TCP/IP
for the said communication) the complex application can be installed in
a different (virtual) machine (even using a different OS) than the
HTTP-Server. (My colleagues do this using Delphi.)

-Michael