[Lazarus] Cursor on lists in IDE

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 6 12:01:43 CEST 2014

I am annoyed by a behaviour of the Lazarus IDE that seems
to exist in many other programs and components too:

When I delete an entry from a list (i.e. the debug watch list) then
no other entry is selected afterwards. Therefore I cannot delete
all entries by just keeping pressed the del key.
I have to move the cursor after each delete to get another entry selected.
Why is this so and can it be changed?

This behaviour is completely useless.
If the cursor entry disappears then
another entry should take its place of course.

I am just heavily making use of the VirtualTreeView
component which seems to behave similar.
Even if a node is focused it is not always selected too.
This forces a lot of work on me to set the focused node
to be selected too. This is especially annoying because it
is not *always* needed. The logic behind this is unclear.

Any ideas/comments?