[Lazarus] Remote debugger looses connection to target on Windows 7

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 13:06:24 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am using Lazarus 1.2.0. On Windows 2000 I am able to debug an
application via the remote debugger (gdbserver) on an ARM-LINUX target.
Using the same setup does not work reliable on Windows 7.

If I step through the application, at some point, the grey bar, which
marks the current source line in the IDE disappears and no further
stepping is possible. I can see, that the target has executed the last
line correctly and seems to wait for the next command from IDE/debugger.

Looking at the last lines from the debug output, it seems, as if the IDE
misses the answer from the debugger, when the target has stopped:

<-exec-next>
^running
*running,thread-id="all"
(gdb)

The message *stopped,reason=... is missing.

Remote debugging the application without Lazarus is working without
problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Bernd.