[Lazarus] lfm file format

Sun Apr 6 21:34:58 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-06 19:53, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> If you ever used the "Database Form Wizard/Assistant" of Openoffice you
> know what I want. Not exctly that way, but in result a basic form that
> can be trimmed to fit by hand afterwards.

I've never tried that.... but closer to home, Delphi IDE has something
similar built-in (if we are talking about the same thing). I don't know
if Lazarus has that.

I don't use TDataset, so might get the terminology wrong, so bare with
me. In Delphi you can hook up a TDataset to a database table. Then view
the TFields of that dataset. Drag those fields and drop them on the Form
Designer. The form Design will then automatically insert a TLabel and
appropriate DB-aware component, and hook that up to the TDataset. You
can use multi-select and drag all fields at once. I remember using this
back in Delphi 7 days to knock out prototype applications, but that was
also around the time I stopped using TDataset and DB-aware components.

Like I mentioned, I don't know if Lazarus supports that - I would be
surprised if it doesn't. Lazarus has many hidden features.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/