[Lazarus] Remote debugger looses connection to target on Windows 7

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Apr 10 19:45:22 CEST 2014

On 10/04/2014 18:04, Bernd Mueller wrote:
> If I use the standalone gdb on the Win7 Host instead of Lazarus,
> debugging on the remote target works correct.
>
> I had a look into the network traffic between target and host while
> debugging with Lazarus. If the stepping fails, one can see that the
> target is sending its breakpoint replay packet "+$Txxxx" which seems
> to be ignored completely by the host.
>
> If the stepping does not fail, the host acknowledges this packet with
> "+" and starts to read memory from the target via the "$mxxxx" Packet.
>
> I am trying to go more into detail...

There are several possibilities, that I can think off:

1) some setting the IDE uses.
- Gather all the "set foo=" commands that the IDE sends, and see if
applying them to your manual driven gdb session makes a different.
- Run your manual gdb with "gdb.exe -i mi " to enable mi mode (I  do not
think that is it, but ....)

2) Timing (again, and not unlikely)
If you open gdb in a terminal, it prints to that terminal. In the IDE it
prints to a pipe. That may take different amount off time.

Also, does your sniffer give the time, between the "step over" sent to
the target, and the packet that comes pack, and is ignored? compared to
when it works?