[Lazarus] Remote debugger looses connection to target on Windows 7

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Apr 11 09:08:33 CEST 2014

On 04/10/2014 05:30 PM, Martin Frb wrote:
> So I will not add those gdb/gdbserver myself.
> I do not know, if anyone else wants to work on that.
I did try (see the other mail).

> Also which installer should they be added to?
I suppose you mean installer for Lazarus ?
> The only installer which does arm, is the wince. (and that may also
> need some maintenance, not sure, if it comes with gdb out of the box)

Why that ?

ARM Linux is a very viable target today. Very famous hardware like
Raspberry Pi and (IMHO more appropriate) BeagleBone (black) can run
Lazarus native, as they do have rather decent video hardware. I suppose
the same installer would be able to support both. (I don't know anything
about how installers support different Linux distributions.) A friend of
mine successfully runs Lazarus on Debian on BeagleBone.

For headless devices it would be possible to do Lazarus native with a
remote GUI tool (VNC / NoMachine / X via TCP/IP). I don't know if this
is really appropriate.

A "cross" distribution supposedly would need a dedicated installer (like
that for WinCE). I could imagine that a Windows--->ARM-Linux and a
PC-Linux--->ARM-Linux both could be viable. Same would need contain the
cross fpc, the appropriate "cross" gdb and gdbserver pair (or just the
standard gdb for ARM when using the "dual SSH" way).

-Michael