[Lazarus] about raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Apr 14 16:34:55 CEST 2014

El 14/04/14 16:26, FreeMan ha escrit:

> I understood you, I was sent my code, its out off my code, Maybe Grid
> has a problem,
> Q.Close;
> Q.Open; and query so fast close & open, can not grid be fast like that ?

I don't think the problem is the grid, but I could be wrong.
Note that, while fpc doesn't see this exception, gdb does, so you can
try to run your code from lazarus (with gdb) and see where the SIGSEV is
generated.

>> No currently it doesn't
>> Note that in most cases when hitting such an error the only sensible
>> option would be to terminate the program, but I'd like to intercept the
>> exception and log it to a file before terminating the program, so I can
>> do a post-mortem and see where the SIGSEV occurred.
>
> Can you explain little bir more please? sorry for my poor english

Well, a SIGSEV usually means that you cannot rely on the contents of
memory, so recovery is probably impossible.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es