[Lazarus] Additions to TAChart

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Apr 19 23:33:18 CEST 2014

On 19/04/2014 21:26, Werner Pamler wrote:
> Recently I committed some changes to TAChart (by my alias "wp"), among
> them implementation of BiDiMode which may be important some users. The
> additions are in trunk, but what do I have to do that they are
> considered for the next Lazarus release?

The 1.2.x releases are considered bug fix releases.

They should only get "save" changes. Mostly bug fixes, sometimes minor
features (if the changeset is small and can be deemed low risk)
Other than the 1.x.0 releases that have testing and RC, the 1.2.x
releases are build from fixes without much further testing.

So you need to review your changes by those standards.

 From looking at your commits (just by the description of the log
message / no code review), I would guess, that a change like
   Revision: 44486 TAChart: add properties "Font" and "UseFont" to
TChartStyle
may be a candidate for merging.
Bidi mode on the other side sounds like a more intrusive change,
something that I would think should live in trunk for some time, so it
can get tested and fixed there, instead of taking the risk of degrading
stability of 1.2.x (But as I said, no code reviewed, so just guessing)

Naturally new features are useful to users. But that is what the major
releases are there for.

As the Author you will know more about the changes than I, and have a
better ability to judge the risk of the changes.
If unsure you can probably ask Alex (ask) (since afaik he does maintain
TAChart)?

If a change, is judged by its committer (you), or the maintainer of a
package as qualifying for the fixes branch, then it can be added to the
wiki: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2_fixes_branch

----
As this is the public list:
None committers stick to the appropriate section please, and must
contact a committer/team member for approval.