[Lazarus] Wanted: OpenGL gui framework supporting Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, etc.

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 12:05:19 CEST 2014

J S schrieb:
>   It would be great to have an OpenGL gui framework for Lazarus. I see
> the TOpenGLControl, but would like something more ambitious.
[...]
> To be sure, this OpenGL framework would probably require its own OpenGL
> specific custom controls and wouldn't support TForm and most of the
> current windowed controls.

I don't see how and why somebody would use such a framework, as long as
no component library (like LCL) is implemented for it. Using the LCL
requires that the components are of the basic types (TComponent,
TControl, TCustomForm...).

> I am unsure how to make Lazarus support a non TCustomForm-derived object
> ("TOpenGLForm"), and be able to drop controls onto it in the designer.
> Any opinions on the best way to do this?

Perhaps msegui/mseide are a better framework for your project.

DoDi