[Lazarus] OpenDocument and Linux Mint

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 01:09:25 CEST 2014

zeljko wrote:

> My proposal for fallback will be check for current desktop env and then
> call appropriate application (only if xdg-open fails).

Since most desktop environments at least pay lipservice to the xdg
interface utilities, I'm not sure whether having an automatic fallback
is advisable or valid.

If xdg-open fails, then I think I'd argue that a bug-report dialogue
should be presented, and only after the user has responded to that
should "heuristics" be applied.

The next obvious question is whether there's a component to raise a bug
with the current desktop's developers.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk